Righty then. I was tagged by S. Hunter Nisbet to do the Sunshine Thingy. Also known as answering silly questions and providing some of my own. It’s a blog meme. So I’ll be tagging some
suckers lucky lovelies to carry on the meme lest we all lose our way in the mists of the interwebs and what-else-have-you.
Let the games begin!
- Dost thou speaketh any other languages? If so, what is thine go-to phrase when people say “Ooh, say something in that language!”
I speaketh 3.5. Or, 2 + .5 +.5. Ish. I’m bilingual in English & French, speak a very rusty Spanish (I can get by) and a teensy bit of Russian. I know the Russian is still there, but it’s veeeeeeeeeeeeery rusty. Favourite phrase with which to impress people in Russian? “я немного говорю по русски” “Ya nyemnoga govoryou po-russki” “I don’t speak much Russian”. This is usually followed by “Вы говорите по-английски?” “Vi govoritye po-angliskii?” “Do you speak English?” 😀
Useful. Dat’s me. 😉
- Hast thine car ever run out of gas? What did you do?
Nyet. I ride a magic carpet. What do you take me for? Next!
- Didst thou go to university, and what was thy major or focus?
Went to uni. Did a BA in English Lit with a minor in Russian (aha! you say), then did a Masters of Library and Information Studies. I was going to be a librarian. It didn’t work out. Now I’m back in school doing an MLit because I want to teach English Lit. And I focus on the medieval stuff, though I am forced out of sheer necessity (i.e. I need the credits) to take a summer course about a bloody pretentious git of a modern playwright. After this course is over, he and I are never, ever, EVER getting back together.
- What is thine starter Pokemon?
I don’t speak Pokemon. I speak Myst and Carmen Sandiego. Still putting the “miss” in “misdemeanor” as I go. 😉
- Black thumb, or digit of greenest emerald?
Black. Only give me your plants if you want to murder them. >:)
- In a world where thy eyebrows were, in fact, long enough to reach the brim of thine hat, dost thou trim them or let them be ala Gandalf?
Hmmmm….trim them. They’d just get in my tea.
- What was the first chapter book thou ever read, and why?
What. You want to think that far back? I has no clue. None. So to weasel my way around, the first chapter book I remember reading is The Secret of the Old Clock. NANCY DREW FTW.
- How many poems can thou recite at will?
1.5. By which I mean, I can recite parts of a poem. Macavity the Mystery Cat by T.S. Eliot (screw The Wasteland, and yes I just said that and no, I don’t regret it) is sheer joy. As the threatening rhyme in the opening chapters of The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson. That one must be recited with a thick Scottish accent. I do my best. *cough*
- If I say we must do something for the good of the many, not the few, thy answer will be:
- What is knee high by the fourth of July?
Apparently the answer is corn. And yes, I googled that. No, I have no shame.
…and how would you answer? Comment if you feel so inclined!
As for the lucky ducks chosen to carry on the flame…I challenge Elaine Witt Nicole Wilson Maggie Maxwell and Outtamylaine
I salute you all and ply you with cookies and tea. Your questions are below. You know the rest.
- You are stranded on a desert island. You are allowed one book, one CD, and one movie. What do you take?
- Favourite season? Why?
- Coffee fanatic or tea fiend? With milk/cream and sugar or without?
- What one place would you visit with that magical plane ticket? Why?
- Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or Harry Potter? ::evil laugh::
- Black Widow or Catwoman? Explain.
- Milk chocolate or sinfully dark?
- Smaug: justified in defending his hoard against thieving dwarves or homicidal maniac?
- Dragons or krakens?
- You find a gold ring buried in your backyard. What do you do?